Are you looking to make a positive change for the new year?
Meatless Monday is an easy way to start.
Reducing meat consumption by even one meal a week can have a positive impact on your health, your wallet and the environment.
If you are new to meatless cooking, here are recipes for 52 meatless meals to get you started – one for each Monday of the year.
If you are already going meatless, I hope you’ll find some new inspiration for your kitchen.
If you want to get new Meatless Monday recipes each week, subscribe to Ketchup With That and you’ll receive an email to let you know when there’s a new recipe. You can find the sign up button under ‘Don’t Miss a Recipe’ on the right hand side of this page (or below the recipes if you are viewing on a mobile device).
Best wishes for a meaningful 2017!
- Cabbage Soup with Chickpeas and Pasta (vegan)
- Stuffed Peppers (vegan)
- Walnut Feta Pasta
- Split Pea Barley Stew (vegan)
- Vegetable Cobbler
- Harvest Celebration Pie (vegan)
- Pizza Rolls
- Sticky Tofu Teriyaki (vegan)
- Black Bean, Corn and Pumpkin Soup (vegan)
- Potato Salad with Chickpeas
- Cannellini and Potato Turnovers (vegan)
- Lentil Barley Salad with Lemon Thyme Viniagrette
- Red Lentil Miso Soup (vegan)
- Tortellini Salad with Avocado and Feta
- Rice Salad with Chickpeas, Dates and Butternut Squash (vegan)
- Potato Cabbage Wonder Pie
- Honey Sriracha Tofu
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans (vegan)
- Orange Cranberry Tofu (vegan)
- Lemony Potatoes and Cannellini Beans
- Favorite Veggie Burger (vegan)
- Big Batch Spaghetti Sauce (vegan)
- Split Pea Soup (vegan)
- Pear and Parsnip Soup
- One Dish Beans and Cornbread
- Frittata Formula
- Bulgur Salad with Orange, Dates and Mint
- Butternut Squash Turnovers with Roasted Garlic and Gruyere
- Lentil Rice Croquettes (vegan)
- Sweet Chili Heat Peanut Noodle Salad (vegan)
- One-Dish Lentils and Rice (vegan)
- Kale, Fig and Chickpea Salad with Olives and Feta
- Onion Fritters (vegan)
- East Coast Corn Chowder
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Pumpkin Sage Sauce
- Hoisin Tofu (vegan)
- Chickpea and Potato Turnovers (vegan)
- Butternut Squash Lasagna
- Chickpea Fries (vegan)
- Tomato Basil Soup
- Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Soup (vegan)
- Red Lentil Dahl (vegan)
- Salsa Black Beans (vegan)
- Annika’s Alfredo
- Curried Chickpeas and Sweet Potato
- Almost Cabbage Rolls Casserole
- Slow Cooker Carrot Soup
- Potato Soup
- Apple Cheddar Quesadillas
- Garlic Fingers with Donair Dip
- Fast and Easy DIY Pizza
Imagine my surprise when my carnivore husband suggested one meatless day a week, Wednesday as it turned out. I’m pretty handy in the kitchen (if you don’t know your way around a stove at age 73, it’s hopeless). But going slightly vegetarian will be an interesting challenge for someone who needs her protein and restricts her starchy food consumption. You might want to put some money into quinoa futures. Prices are set to soar.
Your husband is on trend 🙂 Protein isn’t usually a problem for vegetarians, but here’s a link with some suggestions for low starch/carb vegetarian options: https://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/4408/stocking-the-low-carb-vegetarian-kitchen/ Please feel free to contact me if you need any help or suggestions 🙂 Good luck (and thanks for stopping by!)