When you make your own ranch dip, you can control the ingredients – no more additives or plastic bottles.
We all know that fruits and vegetables are good for us.
Most of us could probably be eating more of both.
The smaller humans among us often need coaxing and this ranch dip is an easy way to help them meet their quota.
It takes just a couple of minutes to make and has no additives or preservatives.
You can thin it out with additional buttermilk for a ranch dressing for a salad.
For a change, add some crumbled feta and chopped cucumbers and serve with some veggie sticks and warmed pita.
If you like dips and are looking for more ideas, try one of these:
You can adapt this basic recipe in lots of ways and customize the herbs. You can also thin it out with additional buttermilk for a salad dressing.
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml sour cream
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml buttermilk
- 1/2 tablespoon / 7.5 ml lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon / 2.5 ml salt
- 1/2 teaspoon / 2.5 ml dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon / 2.5 ml dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon / 1.25 ml ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon / 1.25 ml garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon / 1.25 ml onion powder
Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl until well mixed. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to give flavors time to blend. Serve with crackers or veggie sticks.
Add an additional 1/4 cup / 60 ml buttermilk to make a salad dressing.
Add 2 tablespoons / 30 ml crumbled feta and 1/3 cup / 80 ml chopped cucumber for a change.