There’s nothing complicated about this Pumpkin Pumpkin Spice Dip.
It’s really not much more than an unbaked cheesecake sweetened with pumpkin and spiffed up with spices.
You can use a standard pumpkin pie spice from the store, or you can blend your own.
If you are blending your own, cardamom, coriander and a pinch of pepper will make a luxurious addition to the standard concoction of cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
Serve it with gingersnaps or fresh cut apples.
Or eat it with a spoon all on its own.
(And don’t wait for fall! Canned pumpkin is available all year round, and tastes just as good in April as it does in October.)
- 8 oz / 225 g cream cheese
- ½ cup / 125 ml Greek yogurt or sour cream
- ½ cup / 125 ml brown sugar
- 1 cup / 250 ml pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon / 5 ml cinnamon*
- ½ teaspoon / 2.5 ml ginger*
- ½ teaspoon / 2.5 ml cardamom*
- ½ teaspoon / 2.5 ml coriander*
- Pinch of nutmeg*
- Pinch of cloves*
- Pinch of ground pepper*
- *you can substitute 2-1/2 teaspoons / [i]12.5 ml pumpkin spice blend for the spices listed in the recipe[/i]
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar until completely blended. Beat in Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Add pumpkin and spices and beat until completely smooth.
- Let the dip chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with gingersnaps and fresh cut fruit