There’s nothing complicated about this Pumpkin Pumpkin Spice Dip.
It’s really not much more than an unbaked cheesecake sweetened with pumpkin and spiffed up with spices.
You can use a standard pumpkin pie spice from the store, or you can blend your own.
If you are blending your own, cardamom, coriander and a pinch of pepper will make a luxurious addition to the standard concoction of cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
Serve it with gingersnaps or fresh cut apples.
Or eat it with a spoon all on its own.
(And don’t wait for fall! Canned pumpkin is available all year round, and tastes just as good in April as it does in October.)
- 8 oz / 225 g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml brown sugar
- 1 cup / 250 ml pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon / 5 ml cinnamon*
- 1/2 teaspoon / 2.5 ml ginger*
- 1/2 teaspoon / 2.5 ml cardamom*
- 1/2 teaspoon / 2.5 ml coriander*
- Pinch of nutmeg*
- Pinch of cloves*
- Pinch of ground pepper*
- *you can substitute 2-1/2 teaspoons / 12.5 ml pumpkin spice blend for the spices listed in the recipe
Beat cream cheese until smooth.
Add sugar until completely blended. Beat in Greek yogurt or sour cream.
Add pumpkin and spices and beat until completely smooth.
Let the dip chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Serve with gingersnaps and fresh cut fruit