Quick Black Bean Salad can be put together in the time it takes you to chop your vegetables.
It will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days, so it’s great for lunches. If you make it ahead of time, use dehydrated onions instead of fresh to keep the onion flavor from overwhelming the salad as it sits.
It will serve 4-5 depending on the appetites of your people.
To serve it as a dinner dish, try adding some cornbread on the side, or cut in cubes and tossed with the salad. Or add some grated cheddar and serve with some tortilla chips.
For lunch or for dinner, Quick Black Bean Salad is good choice for your Meatless Monday (or any other day of the week).
You can make this salad ahead of time and keep in it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 2 cups / 500 ml black beans (or 1 can)
- 2 tablespoons / 30 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons / 30 ml lime juice
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon / 2.5 ml salt
- 1/4 teaspoon / 1.25 ml ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon / 1.25 ml garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon / 5 ml cumin
- 1 teaspoon / 5 ml chili powder
- 1 cup / 250 ml diced cucumber
- 1 cup / 250 ml corn kernels (canned or frozen)
- 1 cup / 250 ml diced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon / 15 ml dehydrated onions or 1/4 cup / 60 mlfinely diced fresh onion
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
In medium sized-bowl, toss all the ingredients together until they are evenly mixed.
Leftover salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply