If you prep your vegetables ahead of time, Honey Lemon Chili Chickpeas are faster than fast food.
You can have dinner on the table in the time it takes to cook some rice.
Leftovers work in a wrap for lunch next day.
What more is there to say?
Honey Lemon Chili Chickpeas
You can prep your vegetables in advance to make this quick dish even faster. Use whatever combination you prefer.
Category: Main Course
- 1 tablespoon / 15 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped ( approx 2 cups / 500 ml)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon / 2.5 ml salt
- 1 tablespoon / 15 ml chili powder
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml lemon juice
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml honey
- 1/4 teaspoon / 1.25 ml ground pepper
- 3 cups / 750 ml cooked chickpeas
- 3 cups / 750 ml chopped vegetables (try broccoli, peppers, carrots, cauliflower)
- 1/2 teaspoon / 2.5 ml dried chili flakes
- Cooked rice for serving
Heat a pan over medium heat and add oil. Swirl to coat the pan.
Add onions and cook for 2 minutes or until they are beginning to soften. Add garlic and cook for a minute longer. If they start to brown, turn down the heat.
Add salt and chili powder and stir to coat the onions and garlic. Add lemon juice, honey and ground pepper and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Add chickpeas, chopped vegetables and chili flakes. Simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables can be pierced with a fork.
Serve over rice.
Leave a Reply