You should not eat this often.
But you must eat it sometimes.
It is a simple celebration and easy enough for young cooks.
So toss a salad, slice some good bread and hide the skim milk.
- 1-1/2 cups cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup butter, cut in small cubes
- In medium saucepan, heat the cream to boiling, then simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat. It should reduce slightly.
- Stir as needed to keep it from foaming over edges of pot.
- Remove cream from heat. Add cheese and butter.
- Stir until butter is melted.
- Toss with cooked pasta and serve.