For over a hundred years, geneticists have studied the humble fruit fly: the Drosophila melanogaster has contributed greatly to our knowledge of human genetics.
Outside the lab, though, the tiny flies are nothing but annoying.
But don’t worry!
You can get rid of pesky fruit flies without resorting to dangerous chemicals. It’s easy to make a fruit fly trap that will eradicate your pest population quickly.
-a small bowl or ramekin
-a piece of plastic wrap
–1/4 cup of wine or juice
1.Pour the wine into the bowl.
2. Pull the plastic wrap over the bowl to create a tight cover.
3. Secure the plastic around the bowl with the elastic.
4. Poke a small hole in the center of the plastic cover.
5. Place the trap on your counter.
6. Remove any other potential sources of food for the flies, and wait.
The flies will soon discover your trap and within a couple of days, your kitchen will be fruit fly free.