So maybe Butterscotch Coconut Oaties isn’t the most inspired name, but it’s better than Butterscotch Blobs, which was the runner up.
All that aside, these unfortunately named treats are easy, no bake, freezer-friendly and great tasting little blobs.
If you aren’t a fan of butterscotch, use chocolate chips instead. White chocolate would work, too (but you might want to add a few dried cranberries to cut the sweetness).
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Melt sugar and butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- When they have melted, bring the mixture to a simmer and let simmer for one minute.
- Add the whipping cream and salt and return to simmer.
- Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. It should turn a nice golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and stir in butterscotch chips until they have melted.
- Add oatmeal and coconut and stir to coat with the butterscotch mixture.
- Drop by spoonful (about 1 tablespoon per cookie) onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Let cool. Store in airtight container or freeze for up to one month.