Honey Lemon Ricotta Pudding tastes like cheesecake, but takes only minutes to prepare.
When you want something sweet (but not too) and a bit special, this is it.
Top it with frozen berries in the winter, or fresh in season when they are available.
(You can make this in advance and keep it in the fridge for several hours, but the whipping cream will lose some of its stiffness and the pudding will soften up a bit.)
- 4 oz / 113 g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons / 30 ml lemon juice
- ¼ cup / 60 ml honey
- ½ cup / 125 ml whipping cream
- 1 cup / 250 ml ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons / 30 ml honey (for drizzling on top)
- Fresh or frozen berries for garnish
- Beat cream cheese with lemon juice and ¼ cup honey until smooth.
- Add whipping cream and beat until the mixture has increased in volume and will hold peaks when the beaters are lifted.
- Place ricotta in a separate bowl. Stir in a few spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture, then fold the rest of the cream cheese mixture into the ricotta cheese.
- Spoon the pudding into serving dishes and drizzle with the 2 tablespoons of honey. Garnish with berries and serve.
- The pudding can be made several hours ahead of time and refrigerated, but it will soften slightly as it sits.