This pudding will take marginally longer than the time it takes to make one from a box.
But it tastes so much better.
And you can think about spring while you stir.
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- ¾ cup skim milk powder
- 3 cups water
- Pinch salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla (optional)
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and skim milk powder in medium saucepan.
- Blend ingredients together thoroughly.
- Add water and whisk until mixed.
- Heat over medium-high heat until mixture starts to thicken. Stir constantly as it heats to keep pudding from sticking.
- When mixture has started to thicken, lower heat slightly and continue cooking a few minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla if using.
- Serve warm or cool in fridge before serving.